- Hayli is sleeping through the night - Hallelujah! We all need our beauty sleep - referring to myself and Tobie because Hayli is already the most beautiful baby in the whole world. Obviously...
- I love my big kitchen and proper grown-up oven. I have really tried my best to cook like a mom, because I want Hayli to say one day that her favourite food is her mothers cooking. Like my moms cooking that really is better than all the other moms out there, I promise. But it is a good idea that I start practising now even though she is still on liquids only... Some might say I am a bit behind schedule with my skill development.
- I love the extra space. It makes such a big difference to not live on top of each other and to have a spot for everything.
- I feel safe. Even though our previous house was in a secure complex, I still felt unsafe. I've felt safe since we moved in here and Hayli can sleep in her own room without me camping out in the passage with a baseball bat. I can even have windows and doors open after sunset without trembling in my boots.
- We finally have a home for our little family and not just a little house for our family.
Most good news comes with a bit of bad news. However the bad news is only temporarily. The cellphone reception is extremely poor in certain parts of our home. I only have internet access when the signal decides that it wants to come out and play (tonight is the first time). We will be getting a fixed internet connection in the next week or two which will result in more blogposts - if Hayli allows.
Until I have signal again, I will just sit back and talk nonsense with Hayli while drinking a cup of Rooibos tea in the cooler weather that can only can only mean one thing - winter is on our doorstep. Almost time to lit the new fireplace.